The Cleaner Slates Programme has been designed to help our ex-service personnel move back into civilian life by giving them a business and the back-up to help them move forward. The business will consist of 2 ex-service personnel, working in partnership, who will own the franchise and 2 to 4 staff.
- training of roof cleaning 7 day course
- all accommodation and meals
- certification in First Aid, Health & Safety, Roof Inspection, Environmental, scaffolding and cherry picker
- business planning, with full Aims and Objectives, prepared ready to take for funding application
- Legal contractual agreement
- membership to the Federation of Small Business
- franchise Partnership agreement between other franchises
- 3 roof debris safety guards
There will be a payment of 15% per month of gross turnover starting from month 3 of business start-up which will cover future advertising, upgrading of certification, ongoing business development needs, book-keeping and payroll if needed. There will also be a £100.00 per month donation from each franchise to the MWP deducted from the gross monthly income.
All staff will be either ex-service personnel or recruited through the DWP contracted Training Programme to help the long term unemployed, people with a disability (mental or physical) or those under the Not in Education, Training or Work (NEET). In doing this each Franchise will help to build a better working community spirit which in turn will have a very positive impact on their business and their local economy.
Part of the Franchise agreement will be that all franchisees will become members of the Federation of Small Businesses which will give them the help, support and guidance as they develop and grow their business.
Each franchise will cover an area of 20,000 commercial and residential properties which will give a minimum 20 year work programme and minimum £125,000.00 gross turnover per year.
All training will be carried out with the Cleaner Slates Training team based in the Lothian and Borders.
The legal contracts will be dealt with Ian McDougall & Co. who will be responsible for employment and contract law details for each Franchisee.